Material-handling equipment suppliers play a pivotal role in the construction industry. They offer the necessary equipment for contractors to move heavy loads, lift objects, and transport materials to different sites. These tools are required in construction projects as they significantly reduce operating costs and labor.
The construction industry constantly evolves, and material handling equipment supplier must upgrade to the latest trends and technologies. As a result, they can provide reliable and durable equipment that serves the contractor’s needs.
Types of Material Handling Equipment
Construction projects deal with heavy materials that need powerful handling equipment. A material-handling equipment supplier in construction offer a wide range that includes;
- Forklifts – Forklifts are standard material handling equipment used in construction projects. They lift and transport heavy loads on a job site and come in different sizes for indoor and outdoor use.
- Cranes – Cranes lift and move massive, heavy loads like steel beams and concrete blocks. There are different types: mobile, tower, and crawler cranes, and each comes with different advantages and disadvantages.
- Telehandlers – They’re similar to forklifts but are built with a telescopic boom allowing them to reach higher heights.
- Aerial Lifts – Aerial lifts lift workers and materials to raised areas. They help contractors to install lighting fixtures, clean windows, and paint.
- Conveyor Systems – Conveyor systems quickly and efficiently move materials from one location to another. They transport materials like sand, gravel, and cement.
Different Material Handling Equipment
Material-handling equipment solutions are critical for many industries, including construction and manufacturing. Suppliers offer various solutions to help companies lift, move, and transport materials safely and efficiently. Here’s a list of material handling equipment.
Wire Rope Hoists
They are commonly used for lifting and moving heavy loads in industrial settings. Wire rope hoists consist of a wire rope attached to a drum powered by an electric motor. They are versatile and can be used in different applications like construction, warehousing, and manufacturing to lift various loads.
Electric Chain Hoists
Electric chain hoists are a popular material-handling solution in industrial settings. They have an electric-powered motor chain that lifts and moves heavy loads. Electric chain hoists are firm and can fit small spaces, making them a preferred choice for most manufacturing and assembly applications. Additionally, they can be configured to lift materials to different heights and capacities.
Manual hoists are hand-operated devices used to lift or move loads. The levers (hand cranks) power them to lift different weights. They’re simple and easy to use, and no special training is required to operate them. Although manual hoists are cost-effective for handling many materials, they aren’t as efficient as electric hoists and require more physical effort.
Rigging equipment secure loads to ensure they are safe during transportation. It has different components like shackles, slings, and hooks. Slings are made from various materials (polyester, nylon, wire rope) used to move loads. Shackles and pins are attached to the load and the lifting device. The equipment is vital for safe and efficient material handling, and using the appropriate rigging equipment for transporting cargo is essential. The right rigging equipment ensures the load is secure enough not to come off and become a safety hazard.
A material-handling equipment supplier is essential in the construction industry to help contractors find the right equipment for a project. These types of equipment allow contractors to move heavy materials around the job site. With material handling equipment, construction projects could continue and avoid increasing costs.